With grilling season in full swing, now’s the time to try some different side dishes to bolster the taste of your summer fare.
This light, flavorful salad quickly is moving up the list as one of Turf Medic’s fresh favorites. Healthy and extremely easy to prepare, this recipe is sure to get everyone eating their greens.
- 2-3 broccoli crowns, just the florets, finely chopped (5-6 cups)
- 10 bacon slices, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 1/3c red onion, diced
- 1/3c sunflower seeds
- 1/3c dried cranberries, chopped (golden raisins are equally good)
- 1/2c mayonnaise
- 2T apple cider vinegar
- 2t sugar
- salt and pepper
- Put broccoli, bacon, onion, seeds, and cranberries into a large salad bowl.
- In another small bowl, stir up mayo, vinegar, and sugar – this will serve as our dressing.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Feel free to add salt and pepper to your preferred taste.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.